Rock in Roma is already a summer staple in the…
Pope Innocent X (originally Cardinal Giambattista Pamphili), in addition to changing the look of Piazza Navona in remembrance to his Pamphili family, also started renovating the old villa atop Gianicolo hill, bought in 1630 by Pamfilio Pamphili.
The renovated and enlarged villa, then came to be known as Villa Pamphili. A dispute erupted following the death of Girolamo Pamphili’s (last male heir) in 1760. Soon after the last heir died, the dispute continued until 1763.
The dispute was settled down by Pope Clement XIII, who granted the Pamphili heritage to Prince Giovanni Andrea IV Doria based on the marriage between Giovanni Andrea III Doria and Anna Pamphili. After the pope’s ruling, the villa became Villa Doria Pamphili.
Inside Villa Doria Pamphili there are: gardens, one Casino, one theatre, one chapel, two villas, small lake and fountains. The total area of the park is almost 2 square km. This is an ideal park for jogging, biking, picnic, bird watching, walking and so on.